Tbi to efi swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How on earth do you imagine getting 900cfm from a rochester 220? I would love to see you flow 900 cfm through a big block tbi let alone the 350 version.

I think you misread what I said. One 220 TBI unit is not 900 cfm and never could be, however TWO of them on the same engine are.

Mercruiser Marine even produced a 550 HP supercharged big block with dual 2.0" bore TBI units on it. 575 SCI was a 502 CID, 7.5:1 compression and 4.5 psi of boost.

Reaction score
I think you misread what I said. One 220 TBI unit is not 900 cfm and never could be, however TWO of them on the same engine are.

Mercruiser Marine even produced a 550 HP supercharged big block with dual 2.0" bore TBI units on it. 575 SCI was a 502 CID, 7.5:1 compression and 4.5 psi of boost.
re read it. makes sense now.

Overtime

Reaction score
That's awsome! I was hoping somebody had given it a try, seems pretty straight forward. How did it work out for you?

If you want it to control timing, do not use a magnetic pickup distributor. Save yourself some headache and buy their Hyperspark dist and coil. After I did that, it has been smooth as silk and runs better than factory.