90 TBI to Tpi swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454C2500Longbed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The factory TPI is a purdy thing to look at,shame it doesn't do more. I read where they bored the intake runners in the manifold and plenum and installed larger runner tubes and still it only made power to 5200. Kind of a potato in the pipe.
As a hard-core carb guy I used to hate the TPI because they're usually such turds in the C4 Corvettes (well let's be honest, there's not much if anything good about a C4), but I've grown to like em more since I've seen them tuned up and especially in trucks on here.
It is pretty disappointing, you'd think they'd make more power since they're theoretically more techno beep boop fancy than carb or TBI.

454C2500Longbed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck will put you back in the seat before the one tire lets loose, and I have yet to have a real actual driving situation that needed more than 2/3rds throttle. I'm just sayin'. It beeps some boops.
Yeahhh, you're doing better on that part then my truck unfortunately. Lol. I believe it though, I know you got that truck tuned up pretty well, I enjoyed reading your thread. Buuut, the big block with the G80 rips some sweet burnouts, it's that down low torque. I mean, all that most anything really needs is a good tune to get scootin!

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
Yeahhh, you're doing better on that part then my truck unfortunately. Lol. I believe it though, I know you got that truck tuned up pretty well, I enjoyed reading your thread. Buuut, the big block with the G80 rips some sweet burnouts, it's that down low torque. I mean, all that most anything really needs is a good tune to get scootin!
once you get your truck where you want it to be save up some money and swap this in you will have lots of fun I think as long as you do not need to pas emissions any way https://www.chevrolet.com/performance-parts/crate-engines/big-block/ht-502

454C2500Longbed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

454C2500Longbed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It's a pickup truck. Why not build a pickup truck to be a pickup truck, only better? I am old. The word "truck" means something to me.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
It's a pickup truck. Why not build a pickup truck to be a pickup truck, only better? I am old. The word "truck" means something to me.
agree with this but some time there is a heavy right foot that why I posted the ht502 and can do truck things and smoke the tires the 632 on the other hand is pure race truck some one needs to stuff one of them in a S-10 regular cab short bed

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
agree with this but some time there is a heavy right foot that why I posted the ht502 and can do truck things and smoke the tires the 632 on the other hand is pure race truck some one needs to stuff one of them in a S-10 regular cab short bed
I do understand where you are coming from but IMO, a truck platform is meant to be a truck and be the best truck it can be and building a truck to go fast, again IMO, is not what a truck is meant to be. I guess I am too much of a purest, in a truck sense. A clean, straight, unscratched, undented, unsmoking, smooth running, powerful, grunt truck, is it for me. If I want to go fast, it would be a car or an SUV. If it has an open bed in the back, I want a truck. I know I may be in the minority on this but that is ok with me. I want a truck to show up to do truck work. I don't care if it shows up the fastest.