90 truck with 86-87 Corvette engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slowrooster89

Reaction score
So I've come across another dilemma in my mind. I'm wondering if I could use the factory Corvette distributor that came with the motor instead of switching out with my 305 distributor. If I can wire it in and make it work I will.
Or if it's best to go with my original dizzy then I'll do that.
90 TBI truck w/ 305 factory
Now 86-87 L98 from Corvette.
Keeping the TBI. Not switching to TPI.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
So......better torque, overall better efficiency, equal length intake runners, port injection, are all somehow NOT worth upgrading to? So, I guess the LS engines also are NOT worth upgrading to since they have all those things and then some??

I'm so confused right now.
personally I would do a tpi swap way before a ls swap to me the tried and true sbc and bbc is where it is at now ls engines do have there place but imho since they make their power up higher in the rpm range compaired to the older style engines I am not a fan of them unless I was building a play truck but for working or offroad no ls for me but I do agree with your post

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
I also see Supercharged111s point and it is not wrong what I think he means is that the op should keep it simple