TBI Rebuild Services

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am looking to have the TBI rebuilt on my ‘94 K2500 over the winter. I have previously used A & G Carburetor Injection out of Chicago, IL but they are no longer in business - shame, their prices were great and turnaround during the winter was pretty quick.

Anyways, they’re gone. Who have you used and what was your experience? I’m looking for cleaning, bushing replacement, etc. More than just a simple gasket job. I’ve seen these places online:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If you can do an oil change, you're talented enough to rebuild the TBI yourself. Take your time, clean everything well, and make sure all the fiddly bits fit nicely. Lube your fuel injector o-rings and don't let them get pinched.
I agree except for the throttle shaft bushing work. Not an area where you wanna mess up or your TBI body will be junk.

Richard

Das Hatt

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree that it's very simple to do yourself. A rebuild kit cost like 30 or 40 bucks. Includes O-rings, gaskets, injection filters, FPR diaphragm. Keep a clean workspace because there are a lot of little parts.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've done the gaskets, FPR, etc. twice before on other TBIs. I don't wish to attempt the bushing install, media blast, ultrasonic cleaning, etc. I want to get it done over winter because I plan on starting on my '94 in Spring '24.

Minn95Dually

Reaction score
For me, I am thinking on getting mine over to SPRperformance for the ultimate TBI build they offer. Yeah, it's kinda spendy bot not really. I just want the most I can get out of my TBI for my power adds I am planning. I know, it's a TBI so nut much.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get that throttle-shaft bushings are not for the faint-of-heart. Even so, if you grind-off the staked part of the throttle plate screws so that they don't break when removed...it's not a bad job provided you buy a modified "self-piloting" drill bit. Cliff Ruggles sells them, and no doubt he's not the only one.

Other than that, this is a simple D-I-Y process, and 1/10 the time, trouble, and difficulty of an actual carburetor.

My favorite automotive machinist drills the casting, then crams in thinwall valve guide inserts, cut-to-fit the throttle body dimensions.

BUT...are you sure you need to repair the bushing area of the throttle body? No guarantee that what you have is worn enough to need repair. If your TBI casting isn't worn enough to require bushings, there's no reason to install 'em. Which, as has been said, makes this a simple afternoon job.