TBI Rebuild Services

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tayto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
too late now but i wouldn't alter butterfly. i have rebushed dozens of TBIs and Qjets. I adjust the plate so it has even amount of light around the diameter. then listen to see if its scraping and fine tune it from there. once thats done i use blue loctite and stake the end of screw for insurance.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
too late now but i wouldn't alter butterfly. i have rebushed dozens of TBIs and Qjets. I adjust the plate so it has even amount of light around the diameter. then listen to see if its scraping and fine tune it from there. once thats done i use blue loctite and stake the end of screw for insurance.
Thanks for the info. There’s always a chance it might still act up when it’s installed so I’ll assess when that time comes. He didn’t stake the screws but did loctite them. I removed such a small amount of material and it cleared it up.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bumping this again. Don’t like the shaft play. Trying to work with Sean to get him to correct it. Shaving the blades didn’t eliminate all of the contact and there is still a decent amount of in/out movement on the shaft. If he is going to refuse the work then I will buy the parts and re-bush it myself.

tayto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
cliffs high performance sells bushing kits& custom drill bits, get the 3/8's kit for Qjet. very easy to use and works good

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
cliffs high performance sells bushing kits& custom drill bits, get the 3/8's kit for Qjet. very easy to use and works good
That is where I was looking. My friend has a Bridgeport which would make this job much easier. Would not attempt this with a hand drill.

But, this morning Sean said to send him the base and he will get it fixed.

tayto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is where I was looking. My friend has a Bridgeport which would make this job much easier. Would not attempt this with a hand drill.

But, this morning Sean said to send him the base and he will get it fixed.
it's meant to be done with a hand drill. the drill bit has 2 different diameters. smaller portion uses the existing holes as a guide and then at the end of the bit is the part that drills for the bushing. works slick, i have done close to 2 dozen Qjets, TBIs, TPI/LT1 throttle bodies at this stage

Last edited: