TBI Rebuild Services

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I was kidding. IDK if there's any difference at all.
Damn. You got me good! What do you think about those imperfections in the bore? I couldn’t tell you if they were there when I took it off the truck or not.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you think about those imperfections in the bore? I couldn’t tell you if they were there when I took it off the truck or not.
What do you think about those imperfections in the bore? I couldn’t tell you if they were there when I took it off the truck or not.
Meh, I wouldn't worry about that - send it!

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@PlayingWithTBI I’ve got a question for you. Received my TBI today and it’s good. One throttle blade is coming into contact with the barrel. Can I file off a bit or do the throttle blades have some level of adjustment to them where they screw to the rotating assembly?
You must be registered for see images attach

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One throttle blade is coming into contact with the barrel. Can I file off a bit or do the throttle blades have some level of adjustment to them where they screw to the rotating assembly?
Wow! That doesn't look good! Did you have him bore it or keep the same blades? Personally, I'd file it down but, you probably should call him and ask before modifying his work.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow! That doesn't look good! Did you have him bore it or keep the same blades? Personally, I'd file it down but, you probably should call him and ask before modifying his work.
stock bore size. I think these blades are new. I messaged him and he told me to adjust the blades. He said it was free and quiet when he shipped it. He’s thinking maybe something happened in shipping.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be careful about adjusting, I would think he used some kind of thread locker which may not hold if disturbed. Maybe you can get a moto tool in there to grind it down.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be careful about adjusting, I would think he used some kind of thread locker which may not hold if disturbed. Maybe you can get a moto tool in there to grind it down.
I thought the same thing. I went ahead and got out some emery cloth and started sanding away. It is 95% cleared up now. Only time it makes noise is if I’ve got the shaft moved a bit from side to side. If it were bolted down, I don’t think it would ever catch.