TBI or Carb? What Do You prefer?

TBI or Carb

• TBI

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Carb

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
TBI im wanting to put some Vortec heads on my 93 5.7 but I still want to keep my TBI set up.

Reaction score
I have a choke on mine and usually I get up go outside fire it up on 1-4 choke inside again for maybe 3-4 min and I have to run out and take the choke off before I wake the neighbors. If it's snowy it's usually warm by the time it's all brushed off. Ive seen 4-5 -40 days in a row last year. (btw no block or coolant heater were used)

chevy_man

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
TBI for daily, carb for a weekend hot rod.

Apparently I need some of you guys to tune stuff for me. My Nissan has a computer controlled carb and it sucks if the temp is under 70*. Does nothing but stutter, cough, and die if it isn't idling at 3K rpm. And if you think about driving it before it's warm be prepared to dance on the pedals because everytime you push in the clutch it'll die. The holley 390 on my dads jeep I've ****** with for 2 years now. Tried every combination we can think of and it always has a flat spot in it. All we do is chase the hesitation up and down the rpm range. And even with a choke it hates running in winter.

My tbi has never missed a beat. Sure, it doesn't have the same power potential, but I've never had it die on me when I needed it. And I've pointed it up and down some grades that made my ******* pucker without it stuttering at all.
I've also started it up without a block heater when it was -60*. You find me a carb that will do that and then idle WITHOUT your help and I'll be a believer.

Last edited: