TBI or Carb? What Do You prefer?

TBI or Carb

• TBI

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Carb

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1990GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
lol i hear that
if i take a trip in my 79 cougar xr7 to the mountian
when i get there its hard starting and everything else
the elevation rly bothers it i guess ,i dont take it on many trips tho

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hmm we're in the mountains here and drive thru em all the time, usually doesn't bother carbs but fourwheeling does, steep inclines and such but they got a truck avenger carb now to help with that, but FI wouldn't have any problems with it, except for maybe something getting wet in water holes.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
but FI wouldn't have any problems with it, except for maybe something getting wet in water holes.

I've had my trucks up to the door handles crossing creeks and running trails (FL's just one big swamp) if everything is the way it should be on your rig (no open wires on the fuel pump/intake, or loose sensors) there should be no problem as long as your breather doesn't take the plunge.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like carbs alot better. The major downfalls with carbs is lazy people and major elevation changes. A carb is very easy to tune and with a carb a distributor is easy to mess with. You change your initial timing, change the springs, and adjust the vacuum canister. You can't do that with efi. Unless you have the equipment and the knowledge, you aren't messing with the ignition of an efi system. I've never had a problem with my truck starting because of the temperatures. And one of the best qualities about carbs, very easy to troubleshoot.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I like Carbs for a Street/Strip Truck. and TBI For a daily.

and for you 4L60E guys, there is a way to mount a TPS on the carb and use your factory PCM to run the tranny.