TBI intake restriction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
this is a pic of the restriction I removed from the oval silencer on my TBI truck.
I cut it out with a body saw, I have done many of them since the trucks were new.
It reduces the size from 3 1/2" down to 2 1/2", might not make a difference but easy to do and not drawing underhood air.

Attachments

• restriction.jpg
    restriction.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 20

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It reduces the size from 3 1/2" down to 2 1/2", might not make a difference but easy to do and not drawing underhood air.
I would imagine it doesn't do much when you're running a stock small block and shifting ~4K RPM but, getting up to and over 5K yeah, it'll make a pretty big difference. It'd be fun to check it before/after with a MAP sensor. If you don't get 100% at higher revs, it's getting restricted somewhere.

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One of those things we always did, feels like it helps and certainly doesn't hurt.
Just like the exhaust, I'll open it up a little when it needs replacement.
May not help with TBI but not costing anything to do it.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm confused and have no idea what I'm looking at? I had a TBI in a 94 Burb but that was many years ago...
It's inside the housing which sucks through the port under the headlights. That's supposed to quiet down the intake noise.

You must be registered for see images attach

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
Ahh thanks man! now I get it!

I ran my 4 High wires through the funnel. into the fender right out a pre existing opening on the inner fender right beside the battery. It was perfect.

I never saw this part on my old 94 though, I gave it a complete tune up but I did not look through this section.

what would the truck sound like without this "baffle"?