TBI Injectors 2003 5.7 indmar Gm based

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ivanyano

Reaction score
Hi, I have no flow going through my injectors and I think I need to replace them, I just don’t know what part number that would be.
You must be registered for see images attach

Das Hatt

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would depend on what engine you have

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have not seen those with anything except the 46 lb/hr later model 454 injectors. The Marine TBIs I have had my hands on all had the 30 PSI regulator making those 46# injectors flow 74# @ 30 psi. There was also a high pressure version of the 61# 350 injector that ran at 30 psi for 104# but those were on 454s and 502s.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
No flow through the injectors doesn't necessarily mean the injectors are bad. I'd look at other causes first. If fuel pressure is sufficient (I see you have a test port right there on the supply line), ignition module would be #1 on my suspect list. I don't know what type of ignition setup a boat has but if it's relying on the traditional TBI 5.7 distributor, the module really is your most likely failure point once you've ruled out fuel pressure. (To clarify, the ignition module is what triggers the ECM to ground the injectors and fire them.)

Richard

Last edited:

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
TBI injectors often stick when they sit for years. Take the handle end of a screw driver and firmly tap on the injector housing next to each injector while someone spins it over. The injectors rarely get plugged or go bad, but the pintle will stick to the seat.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Those clips look pretty crispy, have you been having any back-firing problems? Those are usually in stock in most parts stores. As suggested, I'd look at other systems before condemning the injectors.