Tbi fuel pressure gauge adapter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Can you guess what I'm about to be spending money on?

Thanks for taking a dive into finding an equivalent and sharing it. Honestly, getting you on a tool hunt was not my intent.

I prefer not to do the hose clamp thing in the filter location if avoidable. Haven't had the tank out on the suburban (95 w/ 7.4) and suspect there is trash within.

Many thanks Richard.
No worries! It was no big deal and just a little bit of searching. Hopefully those parts come through from Jegs. I had some trouble checking out at first but if I clicked all the way through to my cart instead of trying to select paypal in the first pop-up window, it finally worked.

I hate seeing tools and parts we depend on disappear, so it becomes a mission to find 'em when I can.

Richard

dave s

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I installed the CFM adapter and gauge 3 years ago when I rebuilt the tbi unit on my 94. As mentioned, I had to loosen the fuel line brackets but after that it went smoothly and I've never had an issue. I really like it. Picture is on my old laptop. Dang....anyways thumbs up on this upgrade!

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll be the guinea pig. I’m going to add their AFPR, too. My TBI is being rebuilt right now by SPR performance, once it’s back I’ll probably add those parts. I’ve also got a spacer, which helps according to the butt dyno.
I did the AFPR and gauge on my 46mm TB built by SPR Performance with their 18LB spring (included with the TB by order). Unfortunately those were from R V Morse who passed a few years ago :(

You have to drill a hole through the plate between the 2 fuel connections - as you can see, that hole is offset, ha ha.
You must be registered for see images attach

Here's what it looks like when assembled. Note the MAP vacuum tube is bent down a little to make room. HTH

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did the AFPR and gauge on my 46mm TB built by SPR Performance with their 18LB spring (included with the TB by order). Unfortunately those were from R V Morse who passed a few years ago :(

You have to drill a hole through the plate between the 2 fuel connections - as you can see, that hole is offset, ha ha.

Here's what it looks like when assembled. Note the MAP vacuum tube is bent down a little to make room. HTH
Ha, I shouldn’t have said guinea pig - as in the first ever. Thanks for the solid photos. SPR is drilling out my TBI base to make room for the AFPR screw. Though I’ll probably only need the 0-15psi gauge.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Be aware that there's more than one thread size for Schrader valves on fuel systems.

Make sure the fuel test adapter you get has the same thread size as the gauge you're using.

I got caught on this ten-plus years ago.

For that matter, some fuel pressure gauges don't use Schrader valves at all--they've got quick-couplers.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Be aware that there's more than one thread size for Schrader valves on fuel systems.

Make sure the fuel test adapter you get has the same thread size as the gauge you're using.

For that matter, some fuel pressure gauges don't use Schrader valves at all--they've got quick-couplers.
I noticed when I was searching early this morning for that Actron fitting, I was getting suggested parts that were a longer "log" style fitting that appeared to be quick-connect.

All the stuff I've got here for gauges uses the thread size on the Actron/OEMTOOLS fitting, thank goodness, which is the same as the built-in fitting on the Vortec small and big blocks.

Richard

dave s

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did adjusting your fuel pressure help with anything? I bought the same kit, drilled the hole but didn't install the adjuster. I can't for the life of me remember why I didn't install it after having it all ready and on hand when I did the rebuild.

FullBlowncustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

For that matter, some fuel pressure gauges don't use Schrader valves at all--they've got quick-couplers. !!!