Talk me into, or out of, it...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The price of 16" Alcoas are ridiculous as of late
I don't even own a dually but I'm trying to convince a friend of a friend to sell me a set he's had laying in the boxes for the last 15 years.
You won't....

I agree with what the others say, they'll look good and won't interfere with your beater motif. Semi wheels would ruin it, but some shiny Alcoas will set it off nicely.
I absolutely agree with this statement, or even better if you could find a set of Weld Aluma-Duals; I think some polished would bring this truck to a whole new level

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Beater with some shine.

Also.
For some reason...
the concept of something like an old Holmes 480 wrecker body on a certain lowered RCLB C3500 on polished Alcoas is turning the gears.....
If it ever were to get a wrecker unit, it would have to be modern (as in useful) - I'd be torn between another Sneeker unit like I had installed on my white '96 GMC, or even more functional - a "slide in" unit that mounts in the bed but has a real selfloader head on it. Those aren't very sneaky, though, and make the bed otherwise useless as they take up all the space.

The price of 16" Alcoas are ridiculous as of late
New or used? Used, I'd agree. New, you spend about $1500 after tax and shipping, not bad for a set of 4 forged wheels, center caps, and the flange style lugs required to hold the caps on. (that price doesn't include the caps for the lugs as I don't care for those.)

You won't....

I agree with what the others say, they'll look good and won't interfere with your beater motif. Semi wheels would ruin it, but some shiny Alcoas will set it off nicely.
Gotta admit the other night I saw a regular cab dually gmt400, bagged, primer gray, with semi's. It looked pretty tight. I couldn't do it though, I'd be right back in the same spot I am now with constant worry something will happen to it, get stolen, etc.

I don't even own a dually but I'm trying to convince a friend of a friend to sell me a set he's had laying in the boxes for the last 15 years.

I absolutely agree with this statement, or even better if you could find a set of Weld Aluma-Duals; I think some polished would bring this truck to a whole new level
Not familiar with those Weld wheels, tried looking them up but just came up with mostly results of their lighter truck stuff. Got any pics?

Richard

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it ever were to get a wrecker unit, it would have to be modern (as in useful) - I'd be torn between another Sneeker unit like I had installed on my white '96 GMC, or even more functional - a "slide in" unit that mounts in the bed but has a real selfloader head on it. Those aren't very sneaky, though, and make the bed otherwise useless as they take up all the space.

New or used? Used, I'd agree. New, you spend about $1500 after tax and shipping, not bad for a set of 4 forged wheels, center caps, and the flange style lugs required to hold the caps on. (that price doesn't include the caps for the lugs as I don't care for those.)

Gotta admit the other night I saw a regular cab dually gmt400, bagged, primer gray, with semi's. It looked pretty tight. I couldn't do it though, I'd be right back in the same spot I am now with constant worry something will happen to it, get stolen, etc.

Not familiar with those Weld wheels, tried looking them up but just came up with mostly results of their lighter truck stuff. Got any pics?

Richard
The Aluma-Duals are what Dave (@88GMCtruck) ran on the Black Fox and his silver Duramax. I'll see if I can scrounge around some good photos of those rims on other trucks, I think I've got a few saved

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
The Aluma-Duals are what Dave (@88GMCtruck) ran on the Black Fox and his silver Duramax. I'll see if I can scrounge around some good photos of those rims on other trucks, I think I've got a few saved

I gotchu….

You must be registered for see images attach

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I gotchu….

Thank you kindly, I thought I had some saved but I think they were on my other laptop that's clinging on to life
In my opinion I think these look better than Alcoas, my cousin had a set like that on his K3500 and I tried to get him to sell me the whole truck a couple summers ago.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I believe there is a guy around Tyler that has a set of old school eagle alloy dually wheels. I saw them on marketplace while I was searching for some.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Thank you kindly, I thought I had some saved but I think they were on my other laptop that's clinging on to life
In my opinion I think these look better than Alcoas, my cousin had a set like that on his K3500 and I tried to get him to sell me the whole truck a couple summers ago.
I had those pictures saved because I’m toying with adding the chrome GMC molding like he did