Talk me into, or out of, it...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
And now for the moment I've all been waiting for ;)

IT'S BACK ON THE GROUND

Picked up a new floor jack, double-checked shock mounts up top, rolled the front fender lips real quick with the mini sledge, slapped on the wheels and torqued all the lugs down.

You must be registered for see images attach

She's OUTSIDE.. 100% correct decision to skip the 1" coil spacers included with the springs; would have been squatted. It *looks* a little bit squatted here but it's mostly the pic angle and the front fender taller wheel opening. Parked out on the street it looks more like a very slight rake, almost level.

Mudflaps still dragging after the front drop. Oh well. :Big Laugh: I'll deal with them if they become a problem. At the moment it's making a squeaking noise every now and then, thought at first it was that tailpipe that doesn't go high enough over the axle, but it turned out to be the mudflap bracket rubbing on part of the bed structure.

Took a drive around the neighborhood including on the 40mph main road. Truck's doing pretty well. Badly in need of an alignment but that was expected. Right front has noticeable positive camber, and the wheels seem slightly toed-out. Steering feels "loose" where previously it felt pretty damn good for a beat up old truck. No sense getting it aligned before I replace the ball joints, though.

Just a quick flashback to the very first pictures, filling it up at the gas station before the trip home when I bought it-

And still plenty more to do!

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Looks sweet! I really think it needs an old slide in repo unit in the bed.
I mean.. that's kinda what I had to tear out. Some junk hauler's idea of a wrecker unit. Man what a PITA.. that dude used all the welding rods on this job. I've decided to leave the attachments on the rear bumper for what had to have been the sling bars just because they look terrible. ;)

You won't....
LOL

Richard