Tailgate Handle Replacement question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alljackedup408

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys... my handle is slap wore out on the truck. Went to the junk yard today hoping to find a nice used one.... found new latch strikers and rods and bolts that are MINT... but unfortunately no handles lol.

Has anyone has experience with the Dorman handles? They are in stock locally.. and I can get one today.. or should I pick up an OEM one on eBay and wait til next week?

Just dont want a piece of junk on the truck that wont work.. thats all. A texture or bit of color difference will not bother me. I have a dorman tailgate handle Bezel on it already.

Dorman # 77077.

Thanks.

Alljackedup408

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tailgate handle is all rusted inside once I took it apart. Getting one local... gonna report on what I find out.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some of the Dorman stuff is good other stuff sucks, if the OEM one is in your budget id go for that

Alljackedup408

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I usually do OEM. This bothered me i needed fixed asap hahaha.

I am actually impressed with the handle. I greased the new one up and works great.

You must be registered for see images attach

Ironhead

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd read the reviews on Amazon to compare OEM and aftermarket. I needed a driver's door handle, and that's what I did. After reading the reviews and I chose an OEM and it worked out great.