Swaybar Issues!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They keep talking on the news about lowering the age to 18 for tractor trailer drivers. My mind instantly envisions kids on their phones in “control” of 80,000 lbs. doing 70 mph. This is a very bad idea!

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They keep talking on the news about lowering the age to 18 for tractor trailer drivers. My mind instantly envisions kids on their phones in “control” of 80,000 lbs. doing 70 mph. This is a very bad idea!
Half the drivers out there now can't even drive. The industry I'm in we require them to drop there trailers before we work on there refrigeration unit. I watched 5 guys take 45 minutes to drop the trailer. I don't know how they got 5 guys in the tractor but they did. I've never driven anything that big very far before but I think I'd do better then some of them out there.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Half the drivers out there now can't even drive. The industry I'm in we require them to drop there trailers before we work on there refrigeration unit. I watched 5 guys take 45 minutes to drop the trailer. I don't know how they got 5 guys in the tractor but they did. I've never driven anything that big very far before but I think I'd do better then some of them out there.
I think its similar but I work as a trailer tech for a freight company and they want us to retrieve a trailer from the yard or vice versa in 15min. Since I'm a rookie driver..... (suburban the biggest vehicle I'm use to) takes me a few times to back up a 53ftr. I like the 28s better

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think its similar but I work as a trailer tech for a freight company and they want us to retrieve a trailer from the yard or vice versa in 15min. Since I'm a rookie driver..... (suburban the biggest vehicle I'm use to) takes me a few times to back up a 53ftr. I like the 28s better
Longer trailers are typically easier to back because they're less sensitive to steering inputs.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Longer trailers are typically easier to back because they're less sensitive to steering inputs.
That's what I hear but I have an issue with swinging it and aligning the rear to back up. With the 28s I can pull up to at least be in the ball park and since I can correct it as I back up I'm normally on the 1 shot team. Lol. With the 53/48/40s I find I'm either crooked or I'm past the point I want to back up or premature lol... shoot even dollies are a piece of cake..

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For me the drivers are already parked for the night or they have to drive straight through the shop. The 45 minutes I was talking about was starting from after they had stopped inside the shop to drop it. They made it in the shop no problem. All they had to do was dolly down, pull the release on the 5th wheel and disconnect air and electrical connections and pull forward. Ive had guys missing a leg, hand or arm have it done in 5 minutes.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For me the drivers are already parked for the night or they have to drive straight through the shop. The 45 minutes I was talking about was starting from after they had stopped inside the shop to drop it. They made it in the shop no problem. All they had to do was dolly down, pull the release on the 5th wheel and disconnect air and electrical connections and pull forward. Ive had guys missing a leg, hand or arm have it done in 5 minutes.
Yeah I agree. Disconnect and connect plus tug pull is within 5 min . Shoot could be like 1 min. Hardest part is making sure your in low gear not high gear.... I've had it where I was rotating as fast as I could and was barely coming up 1in lol. Then my partner was like push it in...... oh yeah sure did come up faster lol

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score