Swaybar Issues!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Kinda looks like a quad idea. As for dot. You'll have to see if theres a lumen requirement. Here in texas they will pull you over for having too bright of a light. But lot of people get away with it. Plus if the inspector a.n.a.l. He may look for the dot approved stamp

Reaper93

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You mean to remove either of the low or high beam bulbs altogether, and install a set of LEDS that'll become your low or high beams?

In states that require safety inspections, most laws require the bulbs or lenses to "be of an approved type" Pretty sure off road LED projector spot lights aren't approved for this situation.

I got pulled over out of state (in PA) during the day, and was politely informed that my 17" LED light bar, mounted inside my plow frame needed to be covered, and was a ticketable offence for just having in uncovered...

I guess you can start hacking apart your own truck if you want, just check with local laws first.
Yea that’s what I been hearing as well, I was just curious and liked the look but if it’s illegal. Guess I’ll chick it up to just a idea

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yea that’s what I been hearing as well, I was just curious and liked the look but if it’s illegal. Guess I’ll chick it up to just a idea
A modification that is done to a head light by the owner of that vehicle, will not be DOT approved. If it's not DOT, approved, then yes, it's illegal.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
Those kind of lights generally don't have a light pattern that is usable on the road. Creeping 10 mph in the woods? Great! But on the street? Not useful or legal.
If you want to learn WAY too much about automotive lighting you can spend a few hours (or days!) on the candlepower forum. Daniel Stern lighting is a great resource as well.

Glad you got your sway bar mount repaired.

And welcome to the forum!

Reaper93

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those kind of lights generally don't have a light pattern that is usable on the road. Creeping 10 mph in the woods? Great! But on the street? Not useful or legal.
If you want to learn WAY too much about automotive lighting you can spend a few hours (or days!) on the candlepower forum. Daniel Stern lighting is a great resource as well.

Glad you got your sway bar mount repaired.

And welcome to the forum!
What’s the link for that dude?