Swaybar Issues!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Idk about the deletion. Apology I'm sure was appreciated along with says a lot about you. Your choice if you rather not post, but were all adults and time to time bump heads. I have a burb and the driver side mount got stripped, so for a while the sway bar was banging. My repair was fishing a bolt with a wire into the frame and coming out the hole. Installed a lock washer and new mounts. Easy fix.. I double nut it so it didnt loosen as I tend to drive rough

Attachments

• 1636335318769892474948674257369.jpg
    1636335318769892474948674257369.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 13

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I wanted to apologize about my childish outburst on this post. I had a bad day and didn’t take my “medication” . On that note y’all can delete my account.
Your apology is a good thing. It's not nessary to delete your account. Since I have been a moderator, we have only had to ban 1 person. It is something we do not like doing, but sometimes, it is nessary. We work very hard to keep this place from becoming a Facebook type of place. Everyone here deserves respect. I recently reviewed the rules thread. That says what this place is all about. Read through them, and follow them, and you never will have an issue here.

Last edited:

Reaper93

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your apology is a good thing. It's not nessary to delete your account. Since I have been a moderator, we have only had to ban 1 person. It is something we do not like doing, but sometimes, it is nessary. We work very hard to keep this place from becoming a Facebook type of place. Everyone here deserves respect. I recently reviewed the rules thread. That says what this place is all about. Read through them, and follow them, and you never will have an issue here.
Just wondering has anyone ever tried to put off-road led light pods in place of the bulb and how legal would it be?

Reaper93

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
LED lights in place of what bulb where?
In the post you referenced, Kenny didnt mention anything about lights, or bulbs...
What I mean is splitting the headlight case and installing off-road led square pod where the bulb sits. Does that help any

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What I mean is splitting the headlight case and installing off-road led square pod where the bulb sits. Does that help any
The headlight lens assy? It contains precision molded reflectors to shine the light provided by either the low of high beam bulbs.
You want to disassemble it, to put your own 3rd bulb somewhere and have it throw a beam of light further/brighter than either of the low or high beams?

Not gonna work.

Reaper93

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’ll be similar to this

Attachments

• 15F929C3-2EF9-411C-BAD7-A47C189F8AF4.jpeg
    15F929C3-2EF9-411C-BAD7-A47C189F8AF4.jpeg
    30.2 KB · Views: 7

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh, you want to remove either of the low or high beam bulbs altogether, and install a set of LEDS that'll BECOME your low or high beams?

In states that require safety inspections, most laws require the bulbs or lenses to "be of an approved type" Pretty sure off road LED projector spot lights aren't approved for this situation.

I got pulled over out of state (in PA) during the day, and was politely informed that my 17" LED light bar, mounted inside my plow frame needed to be covered, and was a ticketable offence for just having in uncovered...

I guess you can start hacking apart your own truck if you want, just check with local laws first.

Last edited: