suggestions on lifting 2wd,s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hey everyone im new to GMT400 and just turned 16.
my dad has gave me his 1994 c1500 (he was the fist owner of this truck) with stock suspension, flowmasters and a 350 engine, also it has almost 400k miles on it (engine and transmission has been replaced before by my dad). i want to lift it, and put new wheels, and tires on it .
i was woundering if some of you guys could help me make some decisions on what to put on it. i have been doing some research on lifts and was thinking of going with a rough country 4 inch spindle lift or a maxtrac spindle and spacer lift to equal 6 inches witch they also have a 4 inch spindles. i have never heard of maxtrac suspension but there supposedly made in the USA (witch is what i like about them). also i was thinking about putting some 18x9 fuel hostage wheels on it with some 33's.
please post suggestions and pic's of what you guys think and please post your 2wd's pic with spec here and thank you guys in advance.

sorry to get off topic but you said your dad was the first owner of the truck? but the engine and trans were replaced before him???? :think:

jeffrey99

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry to get off topic but you said your dad was the first owner of the truck? but the engine and trans were replaced before him???? :think:

know i was trying to say it has be replaced before ((by)) my dad, not before my dad.
also nice truck chris.G.jr.

Last edited:

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
know i was trying to say it has be replaced before ((by)) my dad, not before my dad.
also nice truck chris.G.jr.

ohhh!!! hahah my bad! (sorry if i sounded like a smartass or ahole!) sometimes i pick out specific things...and thanks man! its a work in progress, just waiting to have the funds for the motor to be repaired!

jeffrey99

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ohhh!!! hahah my bad! (sorry if i sounded like a smartass or ahole!) sometimes i pick out specific things...and thanks man! its a work in progress, just waiting to have the funds for the motor to be repaired!
no man your cool and i fell ya these things are always a working progress just waiting to sick money into.

jeffrey99

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ya theres a never ending list of things i wanna do! theres so much that if i try to list it out ill forget things hahah
but what i love about them is there not expensive to work on not like other trucks, and cars.
engine and transmission in my truck is about 5 grand, and engine and transmission in my brothers truck was 12 grand. bigggg difference.

Last edited:

homermacleod

Reaction score
1998 C1500 7.5" Fabtech Lift with an add a leaf in the rear. 305/50/20 NT420S. Getting 315 70 17 Falken Rocky Mountains and 17x9 helo maxx 6 this week.

Attachments

• IMAG0034.jpg
    IMAG0034.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 45
  • IMAG0033.jpg
    IMAG0033.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 43

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
thanks both threads are excellent guys thanks again for all the help.

Anytime man, I can also answer questions and whatnot about it. I just did mine maybe a month ago if that so it's still pretty fresh in my mind LoL! I did it by myself in my driveway and it really wasn't bad just little time consuming in the beginning because I was doing it for the first time so I went a little slow on the first side. Once I got to the other side though I got it done a lot faster LoL! I think the worst part for me was I also replaced all the balljoints and tie rod ends since I was in there anyways. The upper balljoints had to be the worst part for me, and at the same time the most fun since I used an angle grinder on the rivets LoL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Anytime man, I can also answer questions and whatnot about it. I just did mine maybe a month ago if that so it's still pretty fresh in my mind LoL! I did it by myself in my driveway and it really wasn't bad just little time consuming in the beginning because I was doing it for the first time so I went a little slow on the first side. Once I got to the other side though I got it done a lot faster LoL! I think the worst part for me was I also replaced all the balljoints and tie rod ends since I was in there anyways. The upper balljoints had to be the worst part for me, and at the same time the most fun since I used an angle grinder on the rivets LoL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously I don't have the same lift, but the upper ball joints were not bad at all. The lowers are the ones I dread doing. And yes, it is very fun to use an angle grinder :lol: