stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a set of Tahoe seats in my 97 Silverado, that came out of a Tahoe, Yukon, or burb. The console came out of a 2006 Tahoe, and the part closer to the dash, I built. I also built all the hardware for the Chevelle shifter, and I am in the process of making the gear indicator plate and frame around that, like a 1970 Chevelle more or less.
You must be registered for see images attach

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a set of Tahoe seats in my 97 Silverado, that came out of a Tahoe, Yukon, or burb. The console came out of a 2006 Tahoe, and the part closer to the dash, I built. I also built all the hardware for the Chevelle shifter, and I am in the process of making the gear indicator plate and frame around that, like a 1970 Chevelle more or less.
Hoe hard of a time did you have doing that shifter swap?

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hoe hard of a time did you have doing that shifter swap?
Lol, well, I took my time, so it wasnt hard at all, but, getting the frickin shift cable off of the steering column was a *****. I could NOT get anything on the top od the cable where it clips on to the metal tab, to release it, so I ended up using a dremel tool, and cutting off the bottom tab. Then I was able to remove the cable. Since I built the base plate for the shifter, I knew the cable would fit it, and would work. The mounting brackets, I made with some angle iron. I put 2 peaces of 2x2x1/8 angle iron, amd welded them nack to back, in a S shape. I did have to cut the carpet, so I could mount the angle brackets to the floor. I used some silicone to seal them, after I screwed them with some big sheet metal screws. It took some tweaking to get thing rite. I had to space the shifter up with some spacers between the base plate, and the angle brackets. I tacked the nuts onto the angle brackets so I was able to add spacers without a fight. For the cable to fit easy, I went to pull a part, and cut off the small bracket that holds the cable on the steering column amd the pin that the shift cable latches onto. I set that to 7 inches between the pin, and cable holder bracket, just like it is on the column, on the base I built. The space between the shifter cable, and the pin it latches to being the same on my base plate, as it is on the column, I knew all I had to do was move the cable. After all was together, I had made the detent plate to lock the shifter in gear, P, and N, and set this to the top of the stroke of the bar on the shifter handle. I got out best machinest, to cut the groves, in the detent bracket. We made marks on the detent plate, where the bar on the shift handle locks in place. Things had to be tweaked some, but it was very close. All works good now. I also made 1st to 2ed gear, a slap shift. So I can go directly from 1st to 2ed gear, with a bump of the shifter, and there is no way to miss a gear without pulling the shifter handle up. I guess I need to do a write up on this, but I am still working on an indicator plate, and cover like a Chevelle has. This would be an easy swap for anyone using a B&M shifter.