Storage box bolt size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vince72

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is the charcoal canister different for trucks with no storage box? I see a flat spot on the inner fender where I’m guessing the hole gets drilled into? I see the hole on the fender where the bolt and but can go, it just seems like the canister would be in the way?
One more pic of the fender mounting location

Attachments

• IMG_3664.jpeg
    IMG_3664.jpeg
    115.3 KB · Views: 4

EJ_74

Reaction score
The later model trucks have a bracket that goes from the core support to the inner fender which also serves as a support for the storage box. The charcoal canister is closer to the engine, mounted to that bracket. Like 454cid mentioned, the later canisters are rectangular instead of round. Since your fenders already seem to have the mounting locations you should be able to just get one of those brackets, drill a few holes, and either relocate the canister or convert it to the rectangle style

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I put a storage box in WCJr I had to move my vacuum canister, and I used the bracket that mounts to the side of the storage box. I went out and looked at WCJr versus Roscoe, and here's the difference in canister mounting:

Roscoe on the left and WCJr on the right. Roscoe was a big-block truck, and WCJr is a 350. I'm not sure how significant the 3-hose versus 2-hose canister is.

You must be registered for see images attach