Stock tires on a 4-2 lower?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
I have toyed with the idea of a 2/4 drop on my truck. I am running a nice set of SS wheels. My preference would be to do drop spindles because it seems to me that it wouldn't affect geometry and wouldn't result in bump steer. Now, trimming those "rain gutters" seems like it would weaken the control arms. Aren't those so called "rain gutters" there to strengthen the A arm?

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I have toyed with the idea of a 2/4 drop on my truck. I am running a nice set of SS wheels. My preference would be to do drop spindles because it seems to me that it wouldn't affect geometry and wouldn't result in bump steer. Now, trimming those "rain gutters" seems like it would weaken the control arms. Aren't those so called "rain gutters" there to strengthen the A arm?

I think belltech used to sell a strengthening plate kit for them, but many many people have done this mod with no problems even after several thousand miles of driving. just round them off and make it a smooth transition between the material that's left and what you cut off and it should be fine.

sent from the c1500 Denali