Stock HD Spindles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So.... if I want to upgrade to the Extended Cab type HD front brakes, I just need the spindles, rotors, bearings, and calipers for the HD brakes? Will the caliper brackets and master cylinder from my standard brakes (1" rotors) work with this? I searched the site and could not find a definitive thread on this. I'm going to get drop spindles either way, and it needs a front brake job anyway.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So.... if I want to upgrade to the Extended Cab type HD front brakes, I just need the spindles, rotors, bearings, and calipers for the HD brakes? Will the caliper brackets and master cylinder from my standard brakes (1" rotors) work with this? I searched the site and could not find a definitive thread on this. I'm going to get drop spindles either way, and it needs a front brake job anyway.
I did a bit of research into this as well, and I don't recall seeing having to change the brackets or master cylinder. BUT....when I did change my MC out a few years ago, there was definitely two different ones for 91 C1500's, the first one they gave me(the one in stock) didn't fit. So that leads me to believe that the booster would have to get changed as well to make the bigger MC work.
So I just stayed stock when I lowered mine, didn't wanna continually argue with parts guys about what I need...lol.

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did a bit of research into this as well, and I don't recall seeing having to change the brackets or master cylinder. BUT....when I did change my MC out a few years ago, there was definitely two different ones for 91 C1500's, the first one they gave me(the one in stock) didn't fit. So that leads me to believe that the booster would have to get changed as well to make the bigger MC work.
So I just stayed stock when I lowered mine, didn't wanna continually argue with parts guys about what I need...lol.

The boosters are different thicknesses. @Schurkey has a comparison pic.

Well... taking this into consideration, I think I'll just stick with the LD stuff the truck came with and order the drop spindles accordingly. The master cylinder was replaced shortly before I bought the truck. Thanks guys!

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All extended cabs, Tahoe an suburban had the 1.25" brakes standard. You already have the "HD" setup. This is only an issue/upgrade on 88-91 regular cabs.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well... taking this into consideration, I think I'll just stick with the LD stuff the truck came with and order the drop spindles accordingly. The master cylinder was replaced shortly before I bought the truck. Thanks guys!
DO NOT order 1" drop spindles for an extended cab. You need the 1.25"s!