Steering wheel thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
I found this stuff:

http://www.leatherique.com/steering-wheels.html

Which, if that is all I'd really need, would be awesome. My wheel is still in great condition, just would need to find a way to paint the airbag to match, as you said.

For 25$ plus a little sandpaper (I dont think I'd need much) I could get the black wheel, but OEM looking and keep the original wheel/airbag.

Last edited:

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Oh the things I find that GM did. For whatever reason, 99-02 trucks had so many options that many people overlook. Some were model specific but I can add them all!

I love the 99-02 trucks, so many people cut them down for whatever reason, but I love that body style and front end combo the best after the GMT400s.

Ya, Skee if you can dye your current wheel and add a little paint, it would be awesome, that way you maintain the OEM look, and customize at the same time.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I like the smaller style too..one day I might swap to that style with the radio controls, but I don't mind my current wheel that much.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
^^^ Same here. I like the style with the smaller air bags, but don't mind my OEM wheel. I figured since the kit was designed for the steering wheel and will have the "klear" over it, it would be decent. And isnt too expensive to at least try out. And the kit comes with enough to do a few wheels, according to the write up. Would be worth a shot, I guess.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
If it gets messed up, then it's all the more reason to swap to a 98+ wheel!

If I ever get another 95+ K2500, a 95+ K3500 or a 95-97 K1500 I will swap for the 98+ wheel no matter what. i really, really dislike the large airbag wheel. Personal peeve of mine for whatever reason.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
My problem is finding parts for them in AK. Most of my mods will have to be done using my stuff or if I can find them cheap enough even out the cost of shipping, ordered in from the lower 48.