Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
"Osram *chips*" is not an osram manufactured housing.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What do you have in your high beams atm?

9011s shot work nicely with a harness.

Sylvania XtraVision 9005s.

I'm familiar with the HIR tab mods, we've discussed it a bunch earlier in the thread. If I don't like the China LEDs I'll probably end up going with Philips 9011s for the highs.

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Side note... Not really related to anything on our trucks...

I bought a set of made in China copies of the 7" round TruckLite LED housings for my Monte Carlo. I don't have super high hopes but for $70 I had to try them. Not as worried about snow on the lenses with these as the Monte doesn't get driven in bad weather.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A9JV140

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also for anyone curious, here's the link to the drop-in 9005 LEDs I'm trying out. They ship out of China so you'll be waiting 1-2 weeks. They appear to be identical to the Beamtechs and Auxbeam N1s. Same ratings on everything and identical construction, I'm 99% sure these are the exact same units before branding is applied.

https://www.fasttech.com/p/9144505

I'll post what I think of them when they show up and I've had a chance to play with them a little.

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also for anyone curious, here's the link to the drop-in 9005 LEDs I'm trying out. They ship out of China so you'll be waiting 1-2 weeks. They appear to be identical to the Beamtechs and Auxbeam N1s. Same ratings on everything and identical construction, I'm 99% sure these are the exact same units before branding is applied.

https://www.fasttech.com/p/9144505

I'll post what I think of them when they show up and I've had a chance to play with them a little.
I am definitely curious to see your thoughts on this item. Whether you like them or not I would be interested in seeing a comparison vs 9011s.

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Side note... Not really related to anything on our trucks...

I bought a set of made in China copies of the 7" round TruckLite LED housings for my Monte Carlo. I don't have super high hopes but for $70 I had to try them. Not as worried about snow on the lenses with these as the Monte doesn't get driven in bad weather.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A9JV140
Reviews look decent. I am very surprised to see this pic. Maybe they do have a reasonable cutoff? Hard to really tell but its something.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sylvania XtraVision 9006s.
it's somethingI'm familiar with the HIR tab mods, we've discussed it a bunch earlier in the thread. If I don't like the China LEDs I'll probably end up going with Philips 9011s for the highs.

Betting 9006s is a typo. Should your highs not be 9005s?

I did read thru quite a bit of this insanely long thread awhile back but couldn't remember if that was addressed.

I've used 9011s and 9012s on several vehicles at this point and for the money they are hard to beat in a housing that can handle them when paired with some sort of relay harness which is very easy to DIY. I have extreme vision 9006s in my lows with a harness in my OEM housings and they are a massive improvement over stock for the money/effort. (But still sad compared to anything relatively modern since the optics are clearly not good) I rarely use the brights but I'll likely do a 9011 upgrade there too.

Last edited: