Speaker Write Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Told ya I'd think of something else!
These are for a square body GM truck. I found one of these in a wrecker years ago when I had my first square. Made a pattern from cardboard & a buddy bent up a bunch on his brake. Cost me materials & beer!
I haven't had much time for this but I have thought that this idea may work for GMT400's.
These are not mine! \/ Borrowed from '67-72chevytrucks' & 'fullsizechevy' forums.
Ours were the same, though. Made after a factory one.

You must be registered for see images attach

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/attachment.php?attachmentid=354486&stc=1&d=1208852172

Installed.

http://www.73-87.com/my_truck/interior/speakers/speaker1.JPG

scotttick

WHO ME?
Reaction score
I would like to see pictures of anyone who has put 6x9s in the back of their extended cab truck. And I'm wondering if anyone has tried to squeeze in a pair of 6.5 component speakers above the arm rest in the back of an ext cab truck. I would really like to install something other than 4x6s in the rear, but haven't had my paneling out in years to see what the body metal looks like underneath it. Pictures, ideas and info would be greatly appreciated.

Fredridge

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
reviving an old thread.... this might make a good sticky for speaker sizes.

My question: Any chance on getting 5x7's in the dash of a 92 blazer? Or are 4x6's my only hope?

from what I can see on my blazer it only has the 4x6's in the dash and the 4x10's in the rear roof.

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
I think it would be tough. I replaced my 4x6 speakers and there isn't much room. I doubt 5x7 would fit.

Sent from Robl@nd

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just wanna throw out there that there is a 3rd option for 88-94 trucks, and its the route I went with.

This option is these: http://www.qlogicenclosures.com/q-products/q-forms/

They have them for 88-94 trucks and they fit AWESOME. You cut your own speaker and tweeter hole, and you can fit components or coaxials in them. Mine has 6.5" Rockford Fosgate T165 Coaxials powered by a RF P300x2 and it sounds great, they don't rattle even a little bit, they're super solid, I honestly couldn't recommend them more.

That being said, they are the most expensive route, but I wanted quality, so I trusted it and it worked out awesome. I'll try and get pics of them for you guys, but I'm recovering from an ATV accident at the moment, so I actually can't make it out to my truck as it requires climbing a set of stairs.