So people often ask....(featuring THE LINK!!!!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
People often ask why I don't "offroad" my lifted Z71 since the stickers clearly indicate it's made to do things like the jeep commercials show....Well in all honesty I believe in doing things the right way...Now moderate offroading is one thing, but serious offroading would be a joke in my truck even though it's had the realift done and all this stuff. IFS is IFS IMO and I don't believe in doing things halfass. I think heavily offroading a nice lifted truck is kind of a ****** move, kind of like the spoiled high school kid thing. Now, with that said I lift mine because riding high is so enjoyable. Not only that but making your truck still as quick and have very decent gas mileage rolling around on 37's with a great ride, not to mention the look factor. I don't do it for anyone else but me, BUT if I were to offroad THIS is what I would want...Needs to slap some Z71 stickers on the sides of this thing so all the high school kids will understand it's badass :evillol: It's called THE LINK. Seen it on this show called MAD SCIENTISTS earlier and just had to share. It made me really think about how people ask me that and how stupid it really is. Atleast get something with a solid axle that you don't mind beating up but the link is just a feat of insane engineering IMO I would kill to own this thing or for my father to possess skills like this, could you imagine? Sry still dunno how to embed video but just click the link, its youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1IR1hWo02w

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
My truck is lifted 5" all together, and I don't take it offroad and beat the hell out of it either, but I think it's great having a vehicle that will take me anywhere cars cant go, well not ANYWHERE, but any place that is off in the woods with muddy trails, rutted paths. I can go.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Hydrostatic is where it's at.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep it's just shear ingenuity right there. They actually fixed a 5th tire to the back like a wheelie bar so he could go up to a vertical rock and drive up it lol the possibilities are endless, and Chris I completely agree. If **** goes south in 2012 I'll have the upper hand on transportation around the apocalypse :evillol: Sure as hell won't be seeing any other JEEPS out and about I bet.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
When people ask me, "how come you haven't taken that thing climbin or muddin yet?" I look at them like they are retarded, then they say, "it's a 4-wheel drive ain't it?" I'll say, ya, it is, but why does that mean I have to destroy it and trash it up? For one, I'm not a redneck with a truck to climb and mud in, and secondly, I have a 4 wheel drive because....well, because I CAN. To me, it means if I want to hop the curb to get from one parking lot to another, I can. If I want to cross a mildly flooded street, I can. And if I want to pull a trailer, or take of into the field and do donuts, I can. Four wheel drives aren't for tearing up and just for mudding or climbing. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Now THATS independent suspension. Can't wait to get my Z71, I'm gonna beat the **** out of it!

Just kidding.

I am 16 and still in high school, guys, but even I don't believe in beating a truck till it explodes off-road. My Rg cab has been babied since day one, and so will my Ex cab. I have only mudded ONCE in my life and that was in my old Durango during Freshman year, and i didnt even use the 4x4. Fun as hell but i felt bad when my mom noticed all the mud and said "what the hell did you do to your truck?"...I felt like i had abused her so i had her washed that very night :D

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im all for having an offroad vehicle as a toy, not for mud, I like technical stuff, mud is stupid, but why take your street truck into the woods to tear it up??? My buddies have tried time and time again for me to take my 3/4 ton out......are ya kidding, first, its a truck, second, its a truck, third, its 3 blocks long and not lifted and fourth, its got all season tires. No, if I wanted to wheel, id get a Jeep.