So people often ask....(featuring THE LINK!!!!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yup you cant win. wish i knew more enthusiasts. most people around here have some beater truck they rag on or some nice daddy's money crap.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Exactly ^ What I'd give for some of my friends to have some real appreciation for anything but the newest next best thing truck...In all honesty though they understand what I do and respect me for it but I got a couple haters just like everyone else doing something that's worth doing.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LoL Yea I've noticed my posts are often far more winded than anyone else. Usually people just post something that's just like a sentence which they don't have much to say or too lazy to type but I can type literally as fast as I'm thinking it in my head, so why not say exactly what I want? :gr_grin: I mean I know it's alot to read not really a rant but just explaining my thoughts. Didn't mean to seem like I was ranting TOWARDS you or anyone really.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
It all depends on who it is and their priorities. I've beaten the **** outta mine but never abused it, when something broke i fixed it, when its needs service i service it, i give it new fluids, constant oil changes, rotations flushes, everything needed. But when i feel the ocassional out in the woods havign fun thing, im not scared to do it. I respect anyone who has a vehicle and takes care of it, no matter what its put through

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've only put my 2 door through thick mud, it was great and it never hurt it just made a huge mess that takes forever to really clean. If you don't drive ape **** crazy in deep mud your probably not gonna break anything, theres no shame in taking your nice truck down a dirt road and getting a little wild once in awhile if you feel like it'd break if your doing something then it probably will and then you stop.. I thouroughly enjoy driving very fast down dirt roads in my lifted truck on 35's fish tailing blaring my favorite song once in a long while.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thats basically exactly how i feel. some people do give me **** about how clean my truck always is, but hey they dont understand the pride in taking care of an old vehicle and keeping it looking newer than their mid 2000's late model crap.
:word: I love how my truck is cleaner both inside and out than many trucks that are sometimes up to 10 years newer. It's not in perfect condition and I have taken it on trails a time or two but usually if I go off road it's just like a service road that I'm taking to go biking or something. I've never been crawling or mudding with it. I've had it through mud puddles a time or two and it's a major pain to try to get all the mud off the undercarriage after. I'm not going to leave that mud on my truck for long. Talk about abrasive.

4x4 is great for the snow and for giving me the knowledge that I can take it somewhere muddy, rocky, rough, snowy, puddles, etc. If I need to. Doing that kind of stuff on a regular basis is just too abusive on a truck IMO. When I do take my truck somewhere like that I usually feel guilty afterwords. Kinda like I've mistreated a good buddy or something.

I use my truck for a DD, load hauler, and tow pig mostly. That is what a truck is really built for :imo:

Oh and BTW that Link is an absolute beast!

88chevy

Reaction score
Honestly, if your going to put big mud tires and a lift on your 4 wheel drive truck then dont get offended if people ask you that stuff. Your truck is one of the nicer ones I've seen and I know if i were you, I'd be feeling similar to you. I'm not trying to come off as a tool but you should have expected that when you (in other peoples eyes) modified your truck to make it better off road. I'm sure people woudln't ask you that if you were on 31's but I guess thats what you get. I also saw a post earlier where someone was saying that he had a 78 beater for woods stuff, I wouldn't get so offended when people ask you why you dont take it off road, I'd just respond 'look at how nice it is, if i took it through the trees and the bogs, it woudln't look like this' or just say its a light trail ride only or something.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think the real reason behind doing it, is that you'd love to go out and do such things with the truck which you thus make it "capable" of achieving. You hang out with your buddy's that do have "Beater" trucks that they sup up and drive around. I guess its just like fitting in?

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
LoL Yea I've noticed my posts are often far more winded than anyone else. Usually people just post something that's just like a sentence which they don't have much to say or too lazy to type but I can type literally as fast as I'm thinking it in my head, so why not say exactly what I want? :gr_grin: I mean I know it's alot to read not really a rant but just explaining my thoughts. Didn't mean to seem like I was ranting TOWARDS you or anyone really.

:lol: I getcha man, I'm the same way, except the more keys I hit, the more of my negative mind gets exposed online ;)