Smallest factory fuel tank that came on an OBS truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I think it's the 22 gallon, like I have in my Stepside.
Shortbeds got 25 gallon, longbeds got 34 gallon

There's a very narrow side mount style tank used on the chassis cab trucks, it's somewhere between 18 and 22 gallon. You may not be able to make it fit a regular shortbed truck, but with the correct straps from the donor C&C truck you should be able to make it fit a longbed, as it does share a similar shape.

Side by side - 96 longbed 34 gallon, 92 C&C ?? gallon:

You must be registered for see images attach

Wish I knew the RPO code for that tank. The donor truck it came from had an illegible SPID label, and the VIN doesn't come back on Compnine or from a GM dealer lookup; records gone like many of the earlier models these days. My 95 3500HD had that same tank but there are no RPO codes on the SPID label related to a fuel tank :( it's weird

Richard

Last edited:

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
RCSB or Tahoe if I would have to guess. Those were the one with the shortest wheelbase. Don't know if the SUVs and truck tanks are interchangeable...

Maybe a Blazer/S10 can be cobbled up to what you want?

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like an 18-gallon could be paired with a 23-gallon for a dual tank setup on the chassis cabs. Code NQZ deleted the smaller tank. Part numbers below...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like an 18-gallon could be paired with a 23-gallon for a dual tank setup on the chassis cabs. Code NQZ deleted the smaller tank. Part numbers below...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That was exactly the setup on my 95 3500HD, however the 18 gallon aux tank (which is plastic, btw) was hacked on with homemade brackets onto the passenger frame rail (outside!) because the area between the frame rails at rear had to have clearance for the wrecker unit.

Good to know what the capacities are now, though. Long, narrow steel tank on the C&C 23 gallons.

Plastic aux tank 18 gallons

Richard

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yup! Wreckers sometimes have some weird stuff on them. Most of the trucks are custom modified, especially in the older days.