Fuel tank Relocating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoyBob

Reaction score
Hello All so I would like to remove the side Fuel tank and Install a smaller Fuel tank where the spare tire is .
Not sure where to buy a tank I have seen a few and they hang way down. Not looking for a tank that holds 20 gal it can be way less my truck is a 1989 swb Silverado 4/6 drop removing all fuel injection so not worried about electric fuel pump any help on a good tank ? Thanks

Carlaisle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The secondary tank from the cab and chassis models might be an option if its available. You could also just use a fuel cell.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello All so I would like to remove the side Fuel tank and Install a smaller Fuel tank where the spare tire is .
Not sure where to buy a tank I have seen a few and they hang way down. Not looking for a tank that holds 20 gal it can be way less my truck is a 1989 swb Silverado 4/6 drop removing all fuel injection so not worried about electric fuel pump any help on a good tank ? Thanks
I have looked a bit into this as well. A few people mention that maybe a Tahoe tank would fit.
Curious why you guys would want to do that, just generally curious?

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The secondary tank from the cab and chassis models might be an option if its available. You could also just use a fuel cell.
There seems to be a bit of hate for fuel cells around these parts. Mainly due to the maintenance involved with them. Having to change bladders, foam etc. Getting an actual fuel tank of some sort seems to be the preferred method.

There are auxiliary fuel tanks that are available for the diesel trucks now that go in the spare tire area. Maybe that's an option for him.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a demented idea for the front steps on my truck, it's a stepside. It would be a lot easier and a whole lot SAFER if my gas filler was not there. I could probably look into relocating that, probably easier than a whole new tank etc.

RoyBob

Reaction score
OK This is my thoughts < what i want to do is have room for long tube Headers, and true duel Exhaust Thats my goal for under the truck any ideas ? I would very much not need to relocate the tank .. I have 350 TBi Not for long on the tbi,,,and a built 700R4 Thats in the truck now and its a SWB So any ideas Is great I am in my 60s and dont have all the Latest Tricks

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OK This is my thoughts < what i want to do is have room for long tube Headers, and true duel Exhaust Thats my goal for under the truck any ideas ? I would very much not need to relocate the tank .. I have 350 TBi Not for long on the tbi,,,and a built 700R4 Thats in the truck now and its a SWB So any ideas Is great I am in my 60s and dont have all the Latest Tricks
I have long tubes and true duals on mine. The driver side crosses over to the passenger side like the factory y-pipe did. Then runs down passenger side, then crosses over to the driver side before the rear axle, up and over and out the sides.
Well it used to....lol
I cut it off behind the mufflers last September when I did a flip kit.
There is absolutely NO reason to relocate the fuel tank just to run the exhaust.
You must be registered for see images attach

Hopefully you can see it in this picture.