SLOWWWWW SITE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Yes, I've had issues for a couple of days..... wasn't sure if it was the site or me, since AT&T pooped out yesterday for about 10 minutes on me.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate to say this is the slowest of 4 sites I belong to but, it's still my favorite. Sometimes I even have to turn off my VPN just to post a picture.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
I agree with you all. I wonder if it is due to the massive amount of info and all the pics. I bet it is the pics.

On the site I admin, all the pics are in an amazon data base. I know that sounds weird right but as our site grew it started to get slow and the owner found it was the pics. he found a free option somehow and yeah the pics have been moved from our server and no longer in our database.

there was initial concerns with us not hosting the images, such as the whole photobucket BS and the plethora of pics that are missing from the web.... but it's been set up that way now for about 8 years with no problems.

the owner of that site owns his own servers for a different business and the slowness due to the pics was massively affecting his business.... he owns a solar energy utility company and so it was really harming his business.

I bet it's the pics.....

Al

Last edited:

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are y'all using the app? I noticed that when I was using the home page just saved to my phone, the sight would load up a lot faster. Once I installed the app, things slowed down a lot. As for navigating my way through the sight, yes, pic heavy threads do take longer to load up, than non pic threads. Just more data to process. I have been meaning to ditch the app, and go back to a saved home page. I had the page for new post saved as the home page. IMO that worked well. It's what I look at as soon as I log on anyway.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are y'all using the app?
No, I don't use my phone, I use my laptop with the home page "New Posts" selected. I agree, with a lot of pics it's fairly slow loading but, a few times I even get the "page can't be loaded" error message. Then I click on "retry" and it loads.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
what I think my buddy found was having the pics on the same server as the rest of the site, slowed down the server which slows down the site. it's just a result of all of the requests from everyone to load the pages but the pics are the biggest load for requests to the server.

it's not while the pics are loading but the whole site. we will have seperate individual results based on our internet connection as to how long a pic takes to load.

I think that all makes sense but if the site admins are interested in more info I will gladly get it for you.

Last edited: