Slipping transmission?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nordin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are the signs of a slipping transmission on these trucks?
I have a strange issue on my truck, I do not even know if its transmission related or not.
It only happends from time to time and only from third to fourth gear.
The truck starts to jerk.
If I release the gas pedal it stops, if i out the pedal to the metal it also stops because of the kick down.

The fluid level in the transmission is good and the fluid is bright red, like new.
No hard shiftings and it works as it supposed to almost all the times.

I do not really know what it could be

Last edited:

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
sometimes a faulty TPS can show up as a transmission problem. this is because the TPS relates how far open the throttle is to the ecm. and correlates this info with the VSS, the VSS sends the vehicles speed and these 2 bits of information dictates shift points.

you can test the tps with an obd2 scanner, in graph form. it should rise in a smooth line as the throttle is opened. anything erratic or missing data and its faulty.

Al

Last edited:

Nordin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
sometimes a faulty TPS can show up as a transmission problem. this is because the TPS relates how far open the throttle is to the ecm. and correlates this info with the VSS, the VSS sends the vehicls speed and these 2 bits of information dictates shift points.

you can test the tps with an obd2 scanner, in graph form. it should rise in a smooth line as the throttle is opened. anything erratic or missing data and its faulty.

Al

Thanks for your reply! Will look into that as soon as the kids are in bed!