Skylark's dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went to the paint store today after Harbor Freight. I'd tried every gun in Harbor Freight and they all felt a bit "notchy", nothing felt smooth. I looked at their DA sanders and I figured that if I was going to spend $100 on a decent DA then I wanted to see what the paint store had.

I went to the paint store and immediately fell in love with a Devilbiss gun. For the DA the lady at the store recommended one by Norton. I'm normally an Ingersoll Rand guy but she told me that I have a year to bring it back for any reason. Apparently it is a favorite of most of the body guys. I needed some other small supplies as well. When I was done I had spent another $550.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to the paint store today after Harbor Freight. I'd tried every gun in Harbor Freight and they all felt a bit "notchy", nothing felt smooth. I looked at their DA sanders and I figured that if I was going to spend $100 on a decent DA then I wanted to see what the paint store had.

I went to the paint store and immediately fell in love with a Devilbiss gun. For the DA the lady at the store recommended one by Norton. I'm normally an Ingersoll Rand guy but she told me that I have a year to bring it back for any reason. Apparently it is a favorite of most of the body guys. I needed some other small supplies as well. When I was done I had spent another $550.
It's amazing how money just evaporates when you are in a parts/ supplies store.

Just Nobody

Reaction score
We have worked on her a bit, this is my sweetie in her "official fun engineer" shirt using her weight, soon to be my weight, a couple of oxygen cylinders and a tri-fold ramp as a brake to build a skid plate/horn mount.
You must be registered for see images attach

New ball joints and axles. That is my jack handle being used as a cheater bar to press out those lower ball joints. Word to the wise, buy quality parts, this isn't a fun way to spend a day.

My sweetie incorrectly torquing the wheels but she is right there with me putting her all into everything.

Along the way Pearl got new headlights and turn signals.

Hit a milestone.

And had a few bumps. This was the right front tire, 60mph. As you can see, the tire had great tread.

When we bought her she had 235/85/16's all of the way around after the blow out we put 265/75/16's on the front and left it that way for about a year because they are the same height. Recently we bought a set of 2.5" dually spacers from Fred at wheeladapter.com and bought 265's for the rear as well. We could have been fine with 2" but I wanted enough room to run cam lock chains (like the ones used by semi trucks) not some wimpy cable crap.

More picture ******* will continue at a later time.
That tire/wheel combo looks great on that truck.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some things that I want/need and I'm looking for the best quality. The gaskets for the cab lights, third brake light gaskets, inner and outer door felts and window channels. I bet that LMC has it but I don't know if there is better quality to be had.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Some things that I want/need and I'm looking for the best quality. The gaskets for the cab lights, third brake light gaskets, inner and outer door felts and window channels. I bet that LMC has it but I don't know if there is better quality to be had.
For the window stuff I'd check out the Rubber Done Right guys.

Richard