Skylark's dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're that aggressive with the grinder, you don't need a grinder. So far 100% less cuts to the hands while wearing gloves.

Also, I wear military-spec leather gloves. It takes a little bit of getting used to, but tolerating the gloves is a lot easier if your hands are healing up from your last mistake.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If you're that aggressive with the grinder, you don't need a grinder. So far 100% less cuts to the hands while wearing gloves.

Also, I wear military-spec leather gloves. It takes a little bit of getting used to, but tolerating the gloves is a lot easier if your hands are healing up from your last mistake.

Mil-spec isn't always the greatest ya know.

You must be registered for see images attach

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 28 years experience with "milspec", so I know that well. The military issue gloves are so thick it's like sticking your hands up a cow's butt to try and work, but on the plus side they're very protective. Several years ago at work we cleaned out a closet and found a big box full of old leather gloves that were sharpied up with unit markings for a defunct unit. We were a few days from an inspection and they had to go away, so they went away, right to my shop safety equipment.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I have 28 years experience with "milspec", so I know that well. The military issue gloves are so thick it's like sticking your hands up a cow's butt to try and work, but on the plus side they're very protective. Several years ago at work we cleaned out a closet and found a big box full of old leather gloves that were sharpied up with unit markings for a defunct unit. We were a few days from an inspection and they had to go away, so they went away, right to my shop safety equipment.

Ahh the good old days of being a CTK monitor. We had some stuff at my first unit that needed to go away just before a big inspection and so it did, to an undisclosed location. :secret:

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Really getting frustrated with the progress delays. We have wildfires all around us and the air quality is ranging from unhealthy to hazardous. Usually the number is 250+ on the monitors. This morning we're ranging from the low 300s to the low 400s. Last week there was a day when every monitor was maxed at 500. If you look at the top 10 worst cities in the world for air pollution at the moment, they are all within 30 miles of us. Obviously we have respirators but the headaches, throat unhappiness and coughing come quickly. My son and I work together in limited shifts but there is no way that my sweetie can hang out.