Skylark's dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I talked with my wife and tomorrow I'm heading back to the paint shop to get everything fresh with the better quality materials. I'm really not looking forward to all of the stripping but the show must go on. We'll use up the old stuff on the rolling chassis and flatbed.

This is why I do this myself. I was quoted $7-11k. Just to do the cab forward with the jambs. That was with me removing the cab from the frame and stripping the interior. I can waste a metric butt load of products and still come out ahead.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We spent yesterday playing with strippers! Don't get all excited... We bought some Klean-Strip from Horrible Depot and put it expecting the primer to turn to bacon in short order. Nope, it did diddly squat.

Klean-Strip also makes aircraft ultra which does a decent job. It is twice the price but it works. What I've been doing is brushing it on, letting it sit 20ish minutes and blasting it with the pressure washer. I'm on application #3 and 95% is gone.

Something has gone wrong every day so far that has gobbled up time and today was no exception. I'm borrowing my brother in laws pressure washer that he's only used once and it started randomly shutting down. I pulled the carb an it was spotless but I cleaned it anyway. I also intentionally over filled the oil in case if the level sensor was goofy. No joy. So with all of the wasted time screwing with it, we just took it back to Costco.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
IIRC the EPA or some other such governing body forced a formula change for most paint strippers some years ago. They mandated the removal of dichloromethane (methylene chloride), which of course was the stuff that actually worked well.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
IIRC the EPA or some other such governing body forced a formula change for most paint strippers some years ago. They mandated the removal of dichloromethane (methylene chloride), which of course was the stuff that actually worked well.
You're 100% correct. This aircraft does a fair job but the regular was pathetic.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We didn't get power back until almost 3pm. That is ok though because the smoke wasn't bad so my son and I spent a lot of time playing Frisbee in the front yard. We had a blast! Jumanji will be starting in just a few minutes at our fairgrounds turned drive in movie. Tomorrow we're going to breakfast with my sister and brother in law and we're hitting the dragstrip with them tomorrow night. Apparently I needed a bit of vacation from my vacation.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Still stripping... My wire wheel on the grinder caught the edge where the door latch goes and it kicked. The good news is that my crotch stopped the grinder from going too far. The bad news is that my crotch is now swollen.
You must be registered for see images attach