.:Sin's 96 K1500 Build:.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
Alright, guess I got the modding bug and had to start something tonight!
I bought these "el-cheapo" Harbor Freight driving lights a few weeks ago, paid under $20 for both! And since I'm a hoarder when it comes to electrical stuff, I just happen to have 2 sets of HIDs laying around. SO I decided to mod these lights...

6" El-Cheapo Lights
You must be registered for see images attach

look at that puny bulb

back of the lense, bored out with unibit

test fit of HID bulb

IT'S IN THE HOLE! lol

At work we have plenty of broken headlights around, so I'll find something to help mount these bulbs securely

Last edited:

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
next was to bore out the housing to fit the plugs and waterproof grommet

hole ended up being aprox 1" across (could've made it a lil bigger, the grommet fits TIGHT!)

now with a little silicone around the wires, should be overly water tight!

Unfortunately the other light is designed slightly different, soo I need to return it and find the same design as this one

*(EDIT - from page 8)
When I was messing with the bulb placement, I noticed that the beam pattern changed depending on how deep the bulb sat in the reflector. So I scavenged some Oldsmobile headlights that housed the same type bulbs. I cut off part of the collar including the ring, then epoxied them plus screwed to their new home!

Collar and Ring

Holy brightness!

Last edited:

semiguy409

The Big Rigger
Reaction score
Well after I took off the bodyside molding's I noticed this, and at the bottom of the rockers the clear wasn't sprayed to the edge. But all that's covered now :anitoof:

Bodyside removed

Last night's painting session

Tape pulled last night, pretty good lines (few mess up's, but from 5ft you'll never seen them!)

Over night it didn't dry, so today it'll be sun bathing :hahano:

So, how have you been liking your bedline for the whole 3 days you have had it? lol I am going to be doing the same thing i think... found out I can get Herculiner kit for $65 from where I work, and my trucks sadly starting to rust already... How hard was the install?

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
be sure to get the rust fixed properly- I have a friend who rhinolined his truck cuz it was starting to rust and it's still falling apart... he says he ground off all the rust, but I don't know for sure... all I know is that it still rusted and his cab corners are all rotten. I never looked at it good, but it might have rotted from the inside out, so be sure to get on the back of those panels as good as possible when you do it. That's where the rust starts 80% of the time

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
Been awhile, got a few updates to the truck:

About three weeks ago, I got around to doing the injection Spider and intake gasket, as well as the valve cover gaskets. My friend said that he has not seen a truck with 210K miles this clean internally! There was no sludge or build up of any kind!
You must be registered for see images

This past weekend I purchased a set of used tires off of craigslist, they're BFG Rugged Trail 275/65-18 and bought a set of wheels from my work, 18x9 MB TKo's. I needed tires desperately so this combo will work for now, I'll go back to steel wheels eventually.

This is how she sits right now

I also cut some of the front fender edge towards the back, I didn't like how close it was. The edges got rolled too, maybe I'll hide it with a set of cut-out flares in the future.

before:

after:

(*NOTE - using a sawzall on fenders is a good way to remove caked on mud in surrounding areas!) :anitoof:

Side note - I cut away some of the front bumper as well

Last edited:

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
oops, forgot one other mod... Somewhere between that other stuff, I painted the tailgate banner. Check some other pics above for what it used to look like.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Nice to see that you're treating her good! Just today I was sorting through my subscriptions and wondering when we'd get an update. Looking good! Very nice job on the tailgate.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
im liking the new mods. i was about to say that the only thing id change about you truck was a more agressive wheel and tire combination. but thats perfect. side pic of wheels?

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Truck looks great! :waytogo: I guess our trucks are officially no longer twins haha...

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
Thanks!
Nice to see that you're treating her good! Just today I was sorting through my subscriptions and wondering when we'd get an update. Looking good! Very nice job on the tailgate.

Well these tires are definitely not aggressive enough for me either, but they fit the budget for now. I paid 430 bux for all four rims and tires!
im liking the new mods. i was about to say that the only thing id change about you truck was a more aggressive wheel and tire combination. but thats perfect. side pic of wheels?

Thanks! You can always catch up though :anitoof:
Truck looks great! :waytogo: I guess our trucks are officially no longer twins haha...