Side view mirror removal problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Treyes

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The screw that holds the side view mirror broke off and when i try to remove nut for a replacement it just spins and ive tried using everything to stop it from spinning but it wont i dont have a welder so thats out of the solutions any tips? When it spins it digs into the panel.

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure what screw you are talking about. If you mean one of the 10mm nuts from the inside, remove the other ones and pull out hard on the mirror while turning the defective one. If the mirror is off and you are dealing with the broken stud, use a vise grip to hold the stud.

Treyes

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure what screw you are talking about. If you mean one of the 10mm nuts from the inside, remove the other ones and pull out hard on the mirror while turning the defective one. If the mirror is off and you are dealing with the broken stud, use a vise grip to hold the stud.
Yeah the screw sticks out on both side and on the mirror side its completely stripped i tried using the vice grip but it still rotates when i try to loosen the 10mm on the inside of door. Literally been trying to remove that thing all day. If i cant tomorrow im borrowing someones grinder and obliterating that screw