shorting front bumper brackets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
hey dev,, could you post some pics up,,, ive never heard of this before,,, (not something i want to try) i just want to see some pics thats all

Sewlew has a couple pics posted a little higher on the page

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea i saw them,, i just wanted to see more,,, maybe some "in the works" pics,,

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
When my truck goes into the body shop, I'm gonna either redrill the mounting holes on the brackets forward 1"-1.5", or the same distance back, on the frame, or slot them. We'll see how that works. Don't want to go as radical as some of the examples posted here. Still, I may have to do some adjustments to the sides. Just want to make the front end a bit different so that when people look at it they can't quite figure out what's been changed. Only enough to make them scratch their heads.
I've worked on some customs, where the owner has spent many, many hours on a body mod that most people wouldn't notice until it was pointed out to them. Even the knowledgeable ones might miss it. If you ask the owner 'why?', they just smile or laugh. It's about subtlety. The combination of several small mods, that complete the overall picture.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
those posted are tucked about 5 5 1/2 inches i want mine about 3 but I want the sides as tight to the fender as I can get em