shorting front bumper brackets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I believe 1badgmc had done this before. It looks really good on the right truck.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I've posted this before.
This truck's bumper has been really pulled in close. A little more than what I would do.
From looking at this one & comparing it to my stock one, it looks like this bumper has also been narrowed about 1"-1.5" on each side, then shortened in front of the wheels about the same amount.
The valance has been cut up to fit the bumper. And not very well.
I like the idea, but like I said, this one's a little more extreme than what I would do.
I think 'Dagen' was going to attempt this too, but I was gonna wait until I see the results of that before I attempt this.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
i dont see the what is appealing to this mod... it kind of looks like its got no nose... i guess if its done right, like al said, it could be nice!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I think the idea that the guy had for that truck was to make the front look like it had a roll pan in the front to match the rear, while maintainting the legality requirements of a front bumper.

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
update! i got one bracket cut today. i should be done by the end of the week ill keep this thread updated as i go along

DR CHOP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To eliminate the filler between bumper and grill the bumper will have to be raised also. I did one on a 98 I narrowed the brackets 1 inch and cut down all three fillers (it took some time to get them perfect). Man, I wish I had some pics of that truck, I worked on it for 5 years on and off while he served in the military. When I got it done I took it to his dads house threw the car cover on it and left. He stopped by with it thanking me for a bitchin job, went out of town with it the following week, someone made him an offer he couldn't refuse. He came back with a new 2010 crew cab GMC.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
its more than just cutting those to brackets dawson. Your gonna have to cut all 4 or make new ones. also gonna have to wel the brackets to the frame. When the bumper moevs back it sticks past the fender so its gonna have to be cut and welded back together. and then you should narrow it. with the bumper you have ur kinda screwed. Ive got about 50 pics and dozen diff ways from people who have done it. as ill be doing mine. Im tucking mine 3 inches narrowing 4inches and like stated above raising 1 in

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hey dev,, could you post some pics up,,, ive never heard of this before,,, (not something i want to try) i just want to see some pics thats all