Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Beat me to it. RA is the place to go or take the number from RA and walk in to a parts store and see what they got. Why are you wanting the severe or green belt?

Last edited:

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Those belts are made for a different type of machinery. The severe duty belts are made for HD truck applications, mostly. They are not as grippy but are stronger. I don't see the benefit of them off setting the price difference.

Reaction score
Honestly I used one on my LQ4 in my 02 2500 HD never slipped never made a damn nioise never got weird and shiny and I put a ton of miles on it. honestly they should just make them and the ones for racing because they last forever haha. They have the green belt for AC no air pump and eventually when I redo the AC ill put one in then. im looking for longevity and piece of mind as well as no chirps or slips.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Those belts are made for a different type of machinery. The severe duty belts are made for HD truck applications, mostly. They are not as grippy but are stronger. I don't see the benefit of them off setting the price difference.
There's definitely parts choices we make based on emotion vs. fact ;) but the price difference in high quality serp belts isn't that much between a regular Gates and the Fleetrunner. I put them on both our 06's a while back. When you say they're made for a different type of machinery, I'm a little puzzled. They're listed by application (including our trucks) and mentioned as heavier duty for fleet service. The kind of stuff we used to see on police package Caprices (remember the green "silicone" hoses!)

"Gates® FleetRunner® Heavy Duty Micro-V® belts are engineered to save your fleet money and lost service time. Patented EPDM construction with distinct green overcord built specifically for more durability, superior flexibility, stability, and longer life on heavy-duty drives. Haul more. Drive longer."

I figure if it lasts a bit longer, it's one less thing I have to worry about. I'd like to pretend I'm good at keeping up with maintenance on everything, but with 4 vehicles plus all the miscellaneous stuff going on around the house constantly fighting for my attention vs. my work and "sleep" schedule there are unfortunately some things that get overlooked until they become a problem.

Richard