Scanner Tool To Set The Timing????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The manufacturer can probably walk you through it better, but on mine if you click Account it should show you logged in. Click GM and then Purchase and it should have a check mark next to your PID. To me, that would mean that it’s loaded.

You must be registered for see images attach

PID list...

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

williscr3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah mine shows the green check mark next to gm extended PID but its not showing any of those PIDS. ill go out and try to validate it right now to see what happens. thanks for the pics

williscr3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
tried validating PIDs, it said validating PID then disappeared. didnt say anything or do anything, checked the list again and still no gm PIDs. timing is for sure not right, seems to run kind of rough.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Was it connected to the vehicle at the time?

williscr3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
figured it out in case someone has a similar issue. bought a cheap bluetooth adapter from amazon. seemed kinda chincy the power and connection leds were reversed from what they were labeled. it did work though, for basic stuff. tried another one and all the gm specific PID's showed up. my cam is -1.6 degrees so i assume im good.
Thanks for all the help.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Glad you got it sorted out, thanks for updating the thread.

Jcauli82

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My cam is reading 13.6 or something similar and it keeps changing .....I changed distributor cap rotor etc used torque pro app to get cmp dialed in......but what gets me is it doesn't run that bad ......I been getting a 300 code for random misfires so I'm attempting to troubleshoot that now .......I've already cleaned maf sensor and changed plugs and wires but still no fix......any thoughts? 98 k1500 5.7 ( Will post in appropriate thread as well )

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

honkon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My cam is reading 13.6 or something similar and it keeps changing .....I changed distributor cap rotor etc used torque pro app to get cmp dialed in......but what gets me is it doesn't run that bad ......I been getting a 300 code for random misfires so I'm attempting to troubleshoot that now .......I've already cleaned maf sensor and changed plugs and wires but still no fix......any thoughts? 98 k1500 5.7 ( Will post in appropriate thread as well )

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk
You're saying the CMP offset won't stay set? Have you checked your distributor gear to see if it is worn? Very common on the Vortecs.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score

If you're talking about the CMP retard, are you letting go of the distributor when you're tightening the bolt down? If so, it will turn as the engine is running. I had a helper shut the engine off as I was holding the distributor were I wanted it. I then tightened it, restarted the truck and checked it again. Also, it needs to be just over 1000rpm to really mean anything. I used my little orange Stihl screw driver as a wedge in the throttle cam to keep the rpm steady.