Salvage yard recommends

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T-Bone

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend some non- pull yourself scrapyard in California? Lookin for some vortec 454 specific parts.

blackburb

Reaction score
Hwy 67 Truck Dismantlers
12650 CA-67, Lakeside, CA 92040

67truck.com

I helped a friend re-cab a rusted out 76. Good prices, clean as a salvage yard can be. They let us walk the yard to pick out a cab. Pulled it for us to pick up the next day and loaded it. Cheap too; clean, straight and rust free cab with no interior $200.

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend some non- pull yourself scrapyard in California? Lookin for some vortec 454 specific parts.
@Z71Hobbs is a great resource for finding parts. Would highly recommend messaging him before attempting to start your search haha.

Out here in California the best place to look is in Sacramento & Rancho Cordova. A few auto dismantlers I've used are: Subway Truck Parts, Truck Time Auto Wrecking (the person at the register was a massive a-hole though), Rancho Chevy & Cycle, J and W Jeep has GMT400's on the lot and lets you walk the lot for free which is pretty neat, Cordova Truck Dismantlers had the cleanest GMT400's on the lot with inside warehouse storage for the interior pieces and what-nots, San Benito Auto Wrecking, and United Truck Dismantlers. Your best bet is to use this website to locate the parts then call the dismantler to see if they ship: www.car-part.com . I am not affiliated with that website, I just love it so much that I recommend it all the time.

T-Bone

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow thanks guys! I really appreciate it I'll send Z71 Hobbs A Pm right away. I'm trying to find one of those smog pumps for a 7.4 Vortec and I don't think any trucks that were sold up in the North had one.