RPO Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Thanks guys for your replies,I’ll post my vin now as I have it next to me.Vin is 2gchc39n7j1198169.Just a question do you need to know the RPO codes in order to get some parts from places like Rock Auto?Many thanks
Sometimes, mainly for brake and axle parts. If you don't know what engine and transmission you have, the RPO codes can help there.
I use the VIN sometimes at the parts store too. I have a 99 Burb, used to have another one, and also used to have a '90 square body Burb. When GM made 2 series of trucks in the same years, more information is helpful when buying parts, to be sure to get the correct ones.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Thanks guys for your replies,I’ll post my vin now as I have it next to me.Vin is 2gchc39n7j1198169.Just a question do you need to know the RPO codes in order to get some parts from places like Rock Auto?Many thanks

It's helpful when the part changes depending on your RPO. Rockauto often lists RPO's for things where it matters. Example often brake parts will say w (or w/o) R05. R05 is the dual rear wheel option, which of course can change brake parts needed for a particular truck.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Sometimes, mainly for brake and axle parts. If you don't know what engine and transmission you have, the RPO codes can help there.
I use the VIN sometimes at the parts store too. I have a 99 Burb, used to have another one, and also used to have a '90 square body Burb. When GM made 2 series of trucks in the same years, more information is helpful when buying parts, to be sure to get the correct ones.

I guess I didn't get to your post before replying..... you already mentioned brake RPOs!

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
@1ton-o-fun and @Dropped88 both came and hung out today. Weather didn't cooperate, but it's always good to see friends. And trucks. And friends with trucks
Yes indeed! I have lots of pics on my phone, since my CAMRY didn't have any film in it, lol! (Truck is still down, drove the wife's daily to the show).