RPO Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Speedy Pete

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I'm guessing that your truck is an '88-'91?
Thanks for trying 1ton-o-fun I appreciate your fast response.Our registration authorities say on the one hand that it is a 88 model but they base the year on when it’s registered after conversion to RHD so they class it as a 1992 model. Weird hey?

Speedy Pete

Reaction score
It's helpful when the part changes depending on your RPO. Rockauto often lists RPO's for things where it matters. Example often brake parts will say w (or w/o) R05. R05 is the dual rear wheel option, which of course can change brake parts needed for a particular truck.
Yes 454cid it is a dually so thanks I’ll check for the RO5 option on rock auto

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Thanks for trying 1ton-o-fun I appreciate your fast response.Our registration authorities say on the one hand that it is a 88 model but they base the year on when it’s registered after conversion to RHD so they class it as a 1992 model. Weird hey?
So it is RHD, could you please post some pictures? I'd venture that many of our members haven't seen a 400 like that ( other than maybe a Holden Suburban). Thanks!

That registration difference reminds me of something I heard years ago from a customer at our parts store. He had moved to Houston, Texas, from around Boston, Massachusetts, and told me that the law up there was that the vehicle had to be called by the calendar year it was built, not the model year. Don't know if it's still like that....
So by that, my '97 crew cab long bed would be a "96" since its build date is in September 1996, and there could've been '63 Mustangs, '66 Camaros, '69 Monte Carlos, and 400 series trucks that were '87s. I guess things often get weird when government gets involved....

Last edited: