Roll Pan install?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

itzRagan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never installed a roll pan and I've got a goodmark roll pan on the way for my 1996 GMC C2500 fleetside. Has anybody got any pointers on how to do it or a tutorial?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's a pretty easy process, just make sure its even and that th tailgate opens without hitting it. Are you welding it on or bolting it on?

itzRagan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bolting it on for now. Gonna weld it when I get ready for the rest of the body work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Use sheet metal screws on top to set it up where you want it and once you get it to where its even and set like you want. bolt/screw it on the sides.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Use sheet metal screws on top to set it up where you want it and once you get it to where its even and set like you want. bolt/screw it on the sides.

Pretty much what I did, But mine is not attached o the bed sides. I made angle brackets that drop down from the bottom bed cross rail.

Glad I did, I got backed into and the roll pan is damaged, but didn't damage the bed.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty much what I did, But mine is not attached o the bed sides. I made angle brackets that drop down from the bottom bed cross rail.

Glad I did, I got backed into and the roll pan is damaged, but didn't damage the bed.

The brackets do sound like a better idea then just bolting it on the sides.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I kind of wanted the pan to be a removable piece. I may put a rear bumper back on someday and didn't want to have to deal with holes, welds or Bondo if I had to remove it.

I'll have to look, I might have a pic posted in my build thread of the brackets