Rick's 1991 Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Plans sound awesome. The only thing about the police cars is that even though they have low miles they are abused

Rick1991

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Plans sound awesome. The only thing about the police cars is that even though they have low miles they are abused

Thanks. Ya that's what my dad was saying too, but the LS engines I believe can take the bit of abuse. It was compression tested at 175psi across.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea the ls engines can take the abuse. Do you plan on dropping the pan and the heads off to get a look inside?

Rick1991

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea the ls engines can take the abuse. Do you plan on dropping the pan and the heads off to get a look inside?

Ya I plan on stripping it down to the short block, for educational purposes and to have a look lol. I'll probably put the corvette oilpan/pick up on, delete the VVT, Texas speed cam (hopefully more aggressive), ls3 intake manifold, fuel rails, and injectors. I'll be building it over the loooong Alberta winter.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would do the same thing. Especially since I've never seen more than pics of the internals of an ls

Rick1991

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would do the same thing. Especially since I've never seen more than pics of the internals of an ls

Ya it should be an interesting learning experience for sure hah. My tranny won't work either so I'll have to decide what to do about that... I don't want another auto but it's cheaper than what I really want which is a t56.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Can't get the 4L80e outa the Sub? To me that would be the natural one to grab.
Trailblazer SS's have a 4L70e behind the LS's in them. Just so you know if you can't get the Sub's trans. Don't know much about those, though. A built stronger 60e?

Rick1991

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can't get the 4L80e outa the Sub? To me that would be the natural one to grab.
Trailblazer SS's have a 4L70e behind the LS's in them. Just so you know if you can't get the Sub's trans. Don't know much about those, though. A built stronger 60e?

I may be able to buy the trans out of Sub but money's an issue. And when I do eventually swap to a t56 I'll need to change the wiring harness again. So I'm just going to play it out and hopefully pick up a cheaper t56 and do it all at once. I won't be ordering the wiring till earlier spring anyway so I have some time. It will kill me to go back to auto hah, but time will tell.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
eric.s.t. is putting a T56 in his RCSB. The shifter relocation kit, which is needed for GMT400's, apparently was stupid expensive.

Rick1991

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
eric.s.t. is putting a T56 in his RCSB. The shifter relocation kit, which is needed for GMT400's, apparently was stupid expensive.

Oh ya wow I just read that, I never even thought about that being an issue. So that relocates the shifter handle forward?