Rick's 1991 Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you have one in the head, use that. I'm not sure if these trucks came with them in the head. I only had the stock engine in my truck for a month before I went full race truck

Rick1991

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you have one in the head, use that. I'm not sure if these trucks came with them in the head. I only had the stock engine in my truck for a month before I went full race truck

Oh ok, ya mine has one in the head but I don't want to take it out, and replace it only to find out the engine won't start. Maybe I'll just try disconnecting it and starting it. And running around for a bit with it unplugged. I have to check out your truck lol.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's screwed up. It's like the computer is not letting it stsrt because it's not getting a temp signal. Have you thought about using the oem sender but wiring it to the gauge

Rick1991

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's screwed up. It's like the computer is not letting it stsrt because it's not getting a temp signal. Have you thought about using the oem sender but wiring it to the gauge

Ya I'm not sure, I'm thinking that the sensor sends info back to the computer. It almost looks like the engine flooded.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I gotta bet if you look at the wiring diagrams, the temp sensor will be integrated a lot more than you think