Rick's 1991 Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rick1991

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I gotta bet if you look at the wiring diagrams, the temp sensor will be integrated a lot more than you think

I'm not even sure, I may give Speedhut a call soon. I really only have a monthish left of summer driving which means the engine is staying in a vehicle for only another monthish...

Rick1991

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I picked up the new engine today from Grove Auto, here are some pics...
You must be registered for see images attach

The Suburban it came from:

Immediately got to work and here's where I ended up with at the end of the nightt:

Dismantling the engine is actually pretty fun, it is going to be super hard to pace this out over the next 5 months but more time to save money I guess.

Rick1991

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice! 6.0?
Like to see some pix of what appears to be a '67 hiding in the back, too!

Yup 6.0L.

Its a 68 hah, its been my dads project since highschool. It went from longbox, to stepside, to shortbox fleetside.

Kind of a crappy pic.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
A '68. Couldn't see the side lights or tell the taper on the hood in the first pic.
An uncle had one from new. That dark dark green. Rode in it a lot!
In '77 he had it painted, new wood, engine, trans, rear, & front-end rebuilt, tires & wheels, & had the seat redone. (With an NOS cover! From GM!) Pretty well a new truck. Then he sold it! It sold quick!
But not to me! I was 19 an looking to buy a nice truck! He didn't know! SO disappointed!
One of my all time favorite body styles. I'll own own yet!

Check this amazing build.
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=270490

Rick1991

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A '68. Couldn't see the side lights or tell the taper on the hood in the first pic.
An uncle had one from new. That dark dark green. Rode in it a lot!
In '77 he had it painted, new wood, engine, trans, rear, & front-end rebuilt, tires & wheels, & had the seat redone. (With an NOS cover! From GM!) Pretty well a new truck. Then he sold it! It sold quick!
But not to me! I was 19 an looking to buy a nice truck! He didn't know! SO disappointed!
One of my all time favorite body styles. I'll own own yet!

Check this amazing build.
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=270490

Oh dang that's crappy, sounds like it would of been a perfect truck always hop on those family sale hah. And boy is that ever a clean build, my dad wants to go Pro-Touring with his truck but it has been off the road in probably 10+ years. He's got a munsy 4 speed to be put in and the truck has a 327 with like 800 miles on a fresh rebuild, but the body is rust free. Cab and forward was off of a camper special from Lethbridge, and the box is a reproduction.

Rick1991

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some high quality pics, stoked about the rollers a buddy got of me. Rollers are my favorite type of shot.

Friends Lifted Jeep VS. "Useless" truck

Friends old 72 F100 and my truck.

Last edited:

Rick1991

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Little update on the engine as I slowly order stuff paycheck by paycheck but so far I have gotten the ICT Billet belt kit, braided coolant crossover line and my edelbrock fuel pump. LS3 water pump currently on its way to clear the planned LS3 intake manifold aswell as a improved racing crank scraper. T56 Trans is now a plan too, its a lot of work but something I want as opposed to an auto. Next paycheck I'll be ordering a Texas Speed Cam package (229/236 112LSA), VVT delete kit.

Belt System, opted for this one because its fairly simple looking.

Fuel pump that I'm installing Saturday.

Last edited: