Replacing the bed, RCSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll get right to it. I have an 88 RCSB... Will the bed from an ECSB fit? I have a feeling that the frame is different and the bed won't just bolt on.

Thanks in advance.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You going for same style bed just hoping for one in better condition? If you're swapping styles (stepside/fleetside) be sure to get the tank filler neck & hoses, and the bumper, too.

Richard

Queso Del Rio

Reaction score
You might think about cutting a hole in your new bed for access to the fuel tank's guts and cutting a cover for it from the old one. Makes life a little easier than wrestling with dropping the tank. Saved me a lot of work when my AutoBone Fuel Pump's "Lifetime Warranty" was very short-lived! I wasn't about to try the bed-tilt guillotine method either!
You must be registered for see images attach

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
You might think about cutting a hole in your new bed for access to the fuel tank's guts and cutting a cover for it from the old one. Makes life a little easier than wrestling with dropping the tank. Saved me a lot of work when my AutoBone Fuel Pump's "Lifetime Warranty" was very short-lived! I wasn't about to try the bed-tilt guillotine method either!
You must be registered for see images attach
Or just replace it while the bed is off. If an ACD or OEM pump is used, then he should have no issues with longevity.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LOL @ Bugs and Daffy!!

Guys, relax. The fuel pump isn't an issue. I don't even have a replacement bed, yet. I'm staying with the fleetside. Not a fan of the step sides. Thanks for the info, though.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So.... just like that, I have a line on a usable short bed. I'm supposed to go pick it up in a few days. I'll keep you all posted on what happens.