Replacement Key Fob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottydl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine was the same (square style) for my 95 Burb C2500. I bought a used OEM replacement on eBay for less than $10, programmed it easily, and it worked fine for 4-5 years until I sold the Burb. As others mentioned, search by FCC ID number to find one that will work with your truck.

DN7050

Reaction score
I replaced the fob for my 1998 C2500 with one from "USA Remote" on Amazon. I have also used fobs from "remotesremotes.com" and fobs from both were identical to the OEM units and work very well. These are easy to program.

NickP

Reaction score
Received the GM replacement key fob. They sent a 3 button Buick version which is fine, although I would have preferred the same 2 button version as my OG. Went through the reprogramming procedure bridging pins 4 & 8 in the OBD port with a paper clip. Got an immediate lock/unlock and then held both lock & unlock buttons down for ~30 seconds for both fobs. Everything worked, total of 5 minutes to complete. Back in business With 2 key and 2 working fobs now. Case closed….well, I know my automotive ocd will keep my eye out for a 2 button fob like my original.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Received the GM replacement key fob. They sent a 3 button Buick version which is fine, although I would have preferred the same 2 button version as my OG. Went through the reprogramming procedure bridging pins 4 & 8 in the OBD port with a paper clip. Got an immediate lock/unlock and then held both lock & unlock buttons down for ~30 seconds for both fobs. Everything worked, total of 5 minutes to complete. Back in business With 2 key and 2 working fobs now. Case closed….well, I know my automotive ocd will keep my eye out for a 2 button fob like my original.
Why wouldn’t you contact them and have them send what you ordered?

NickP

Reaction score
Ok, one final thing to report on the new key fob. As I posted above, I reprogrammed both the new fob and my existing fob using the 4,8 pin bridge method. All good. Now I swear the range is better than previously on my OG fob. Both work well from 20+/- feet away. No lie; before the reprogram the old fob worked no further than 3-5 feet away. I have no idea why this would be the case but I’m happy with the increased performance.

Last edited: