Replacement Key Fob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickP

Reaction score
I lost one of my original key FOBs (transmitter) and the dealer said they are NLA. I see several on EBay but I’d prefer an original over a generic version if possible but moreover I’d like a recommendation on what to buy as a replacement assuming an original isn’t in the cards. Thanks.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
When I replaced mine, I searched ebay for the FCC ID on the back of it. I don't recall if mine was new or used, but it is factory. There are sellers that do nothing but key fobs.

NickP

Reaction score
My truck is a 1996 K1500. Yes, lots of aftermarket options on EBay etc. I’d prefer OG so I’ll look at the back for my FCC ID and search for a match. Thx.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've got a couple leftover fobs I bought for my 1997 Suburban, originals in good shape. Can dig 'em out if you're interested, don't need much for them.

Edit - here, they were right in top of my cabinet. One has really minor wear, other one looks great. Will sell the pair for $40 shipped (continental US), prefer not to split them up, I don't have a use for them. Never got around to programming them into the truck before I sold it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

Last edited:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the 95-96 style fobs and 97+ fobs incompatible? I know they're different styles. Would love to use the pair of 96 fobs I have lying around with my 98 if it's doable
No idea, most of the GMT400's I've had were not keyless-entry equipped. That's why I posted the backs so that OP can compare his FCC ID / GM part #'s to what I have. These matched the #'s on the 1997 Suburban remotes that came with the truck.

Richard

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
FWIW, this original fob for my '97 K1500 Suburban is a little different. The Panic button is absent, and instead there's a "Rear 2X" button on the other side that locks/unlocks just the rear barn doors. I seem to remember that one of them also had the panic button, but it's been many years since the factory keyless was operational and I can't seem to find that fob. I imagine the "Rear 2X" button was probably for barn door trucks only.